Privacy Organization Structure
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Purchase, rent, order, return or exchange any of our products and services;
- Request a quote or special orders for or information about any of our products and services;
- Request delivery, warranty or repair services;
- Make a credit application;
- Contact EG Penner Customer Service or the store manager in our store;
- Visit the egpenner.com web site;
- Enter into a contest or respond to one of our surveys;
- Provide us with comments or suggestions; or
- Are injured on, or suffer or cause property damage on, EG Penner premises.
EG Penner may also conduct video surveillance of its stores and other premises for security and loss prevention reasons.
Use of Personal Information
EG Penner may use personal information to:
- Identify customers, employees and suppliers and to establish and maintain a relationship with them
- Provide customers with ongoing service, including to process orders, to ensure proper delivery and to better assist customers when they visit or call us
- Improve our product and service offerings
- Provide EG Penner customers with information about other EG Penner products and services that may be of interest to them
- Protect against error and fraud
- Comply with legal and audit requirements
EG Penner may also use personal information to create statistics about our company. These statistics do not contain any information that could personally identify any individual customer, employee or supplier.
Other Uses of Personal Information
EG Penner may also disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose personal information to assist us in collecting any debt owed by you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
EG Penner will not trade, rent or sell your personal information to any third party unless we tell you about it and obtain your consent.
Agents and Third Party Transfers
Some products and services that are provided through EG Penner ( such as any future EG Penner credit cards, extended warranties and installation and repair services ) may be provided by third parties in cooperation with EG Penner. In order to provide you with the products or services that you request from us, we may have to transfer information about you to these third parties.
Where EG Penner transfers personal information to third parties for processing on behalf of EG Penner, a contract containing appropriate privacy protection terms will be in place before any information is transferred to the third party. These terms must provide that the third party will not use the personal information for their own purposes, will keep the personal information secure, and will only process the information on the instructions of EG Penner.
In addition, using certain third party products to purchase products or services from EG Penner ( such as a credit card not issued by EG Penner ) may require us to provide your personal information to third parties in order to process the transaction.
Withdrawal of Consent
Individuals may withdraw their consent to EG Penner’s use or disclosure of their personal information by contacting the EG Penner store manager they visited or the EG Human Resources Manager and making a written request. Individuals may be asked to provide suitable identification or to otherwise identify themselves.
In some circumstances, the withdrawal of consent to certain uses or disclosures of personal information may mean that EG Penner is no longer able to provide certain products or services to the individual or may be unable to process returns, exchanges or refunds. If this is the case, EG Penner will inform you when you contact us to withdraw your consent and give you the choice.
Record Retention / Destruction and Security
EG Penner will only retain personal information for as long as it is necessary to process related transactions, maintain appropriate financial and audit records and protect EG Penner’s legitimate commercial interests.
All personal information collected by EG Penner is protected by security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. All personal information stored in electronic form, including all information collected through the EG Penner.ca website, is kept in confidential and secure data banks. Paper records in EG Penner’s stores or head office that contain personal information are kept in locked cabinets. EG Penner evaluates its equipment and security procedures regularly and modifies them if necessary, so it can remain at the leading edge of security technology.